Friday, February 17, 2006

How do you know . . .

when you should actually start writing in your own blog? Maybe, when you start dreaming about Baby Bok Choy. I decided that I needed to either stop reading blogs before I go to bed or get a life and write my own blog that I can dream about. In my dream, someone was insisting that I eat the Baby Bok Choy and it was remarkably good. No, I have never eaten this particular vegetable before. I have eaten at the top of the Space Needle, though on my best friend's 16th birthday. Crab and cheese stuffed steak. Yum. Her parents paying even yummier.

I love reading blogs, but the whole idea of putting my thoughts out there for everyone to read is a bit scary to me. Anyway . . . I am starting small. This is not high school after all. We are all adults, right? No one will try and kill me with a dodgeball or in some cases, maybe they will because I am LDS after all. Just thought I would add that should there be any people out there trying to discern who I am. I am also a Republican (there are some issues that may sway a bit Democratic), a fairly good mother and wife, I am a medical transcriptionist who is horrible at punctuation and spelling (thank goodness for Word or I would be out of a job, but I can spell endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography), somewhat unorganized, I do love the big bad Walmart corporation, I do like George Bush (for the most part), I love to exercise, I hate dieting or eating healthy in general but I try so my kids, who do not have a genetic chance, can be healthy . . . My list is big and I hope that you will all come along and get to know me as I get to know myself a little bit better.

I hope this becomes an opportunity to share my thoughts and ideas about my life and to keep a record of the happenings in our household. Please bear with me also as I learn to write better, think clearer, learn more about how to do links/photos/etc., and have an outlet for my daily angst and joy at being a mother and a wife.

3 Comments:

At 1:22 PM, Blogger Heather said...

Aah, so you read about the scandal. After reading more about your worldview, I'm not sure I can read your blog. How can we ever come together when I can't spell medical terms? :) So glad you started blogging, Carrie.

 
At 5:33 PM, Blogger Carrie said...

I am glad to be blogging, too. This should be a good way for me to do some journal writing, as I am not much good at it right now. It kind of forces my hand, if you know what I mean.

 
At 1:44 AM, Blogger Grammy said...

Hi Carrie. I am also just getting started and am still reticent. But I'm taking my cue from the imortal words of Meg Ryan about to jump into the volcano in "Joe vs. the volcano"
"We'll see. We'll try it and we'll see." Thank you for commenting on my blog. That's how I found you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home