Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Recipe

Here is that link to the way I make Chicken Makhani. You can make it as the recipes states or below I have my modifications.

Modifications:

No green pepper
1/2 onion and not 1-1/2 unless you really like onion
chicken tenders, if I find a reasonable price, instead of chicken breasts
15 ounce can of tomato sauce, as it is so much easier
If I want more sauce, I will add a bit more milk/cream and boil a bit to make it thicker

Recipes like this are hard for me to write out because I do a little of this or a little of that. The lady from India that I worked for when I lived in New York always said, "It is in the hand." You can play with the spices, especially if you like garam masala like we do. I tend to add a little bit at a time until it is just the way I want it.

I usually brown the chicken in a separate pan, while I am cooking the onions and garlic, and then mix into sauce to finish cooking.

Flat bread (Naan) is really good with this. It is also really good poured over Jasmine rice or the aromatic rice.

Walmart or Albertsons, I think, has garam masala. It is a very good Indian spice. If you try this, I hope you enjoy it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home