Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Tid Bits

Well, considering that I ate my body weight in ham on Sunday, it is suprising that I lost a whole pound this week. I will not go into the nasty details but Sunday was not a pretty site. Easter grass was flying and jelly beans were eaten. You all know how much I love Easter candy. I did eat a lot more veggies and fruits and I feel good about that this week. I am back on track and will update further on the progress later.

I have been a bit of a lazy blogger this week. It is spring break where we are. Oh, how I love having my kids home all the time (can you see my eyes rolling). No really, I do love having them home. The extra mess, fighting, screaming . . . . It is soooooo much fun!

Actually, I really have had fun this week with my kids. I look foreword to summer breaks and school breaks and having them home. I like to go play with my kids and do things with them. As corny as it may sound, it is like living my childhood all over again. My oldest is 12 and it is also nice to have someone to talk to during the day and who has more to talk about than Dora or Diego or preschool or who has sentences longer than 2-6 words like her 2-year-old brother.

One other thing I would like to touch on, when did swimming become such an event? It was quite the scene when I rolled up to the rec center with two small rolling suitcases full of towels and clothes and toiletries, floaties, goggles, and three kids toddling along with me. We looked like the traveling circus. We had a blast. Hope you are all having a super week! Spring has finally sprung!

5 Comments:

At 8:12 PM, Blogger JD said...

I love packing for the afternoon outings too. I can totally relate to the rolling suit cases.

 
At 5:15 AM, Blogger Carrie said...

It is crazy how much stuff kids require. If I think that I don't need to bring something, that is when I end up needing it the most.:)

 
At 8:31 AM, Blogger Rachelle said...

I love your description - Easter grass flying. Good for still losing weight!

 
At 10:45 AM, Blogger Linsey Farley Jameson said...

I am always amazed at the amount of crap we are required to pack to run out for a minute....!!!

 
At 1:25 PM, Blogger Lei said...

Yay on the weight loss, and keep havin' fun with those kids!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home