Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Update

Well, it has been a good week and I lost 12 pounds this week. Now, before anyone screams and says, "You were not eating enough" or "That is dangerous." I am here to tell you that I ate all my points and then some because I used some of my exercise points and extra points over the weekend. I did have a couple days where I ate under my points by maybe one or two points. I consider this progress for me, as I am trying to realize if I am not hungry that I do not need to eat those last one or two points just because they are there unless I feel the need to. Anyways . . . I made up for it on the weekend. I never felt too extremely hungry either and I am still breathing and did not dwindle away. Just remember that I work out about on an elliptical trainer for an hour six days a week most weeks. Sometimes, I use the bike and sometimes I use a treadmill or alternate between all three, but I almost always work out for about an hour.

I always lose big the first week I go on a diet or get back into the swing of things. The second week, I usually gain a pound even though I do everything right. My body kind of goes into some kind of shock and it is frustrating. So, I have decided to do something that has worked in the past for me when I hit a little plateau or I feel my body is not cooperating. It is still WW, but I use something called the Wendie Plan from time to time. It kind of shakes things up. My body just gets used to things and that is why I vary my exercise or my calories each day when I get stuck. I just thought since in the past I have been a gainer usually the second week why not use it now. The third week, I usually go back to losing and will go back to regular points until things need to be shaken up again.

This week, I have really focused on listening to my body and hunger and when I am truly hungry. I also realized that if I slip up that it is not the end of the world. I just need to get right back on and keep going. I will get there eventually. In just one week, I feel about ten times better than I have in a long time. I think Heather said she felt empowered. That is exactly how I feel. This has been my biggest problem for my entire life. If I can do this, I can do just about anything.

Just have to share a favorite 6 point breakfast of mine. English muffin, one egg cooked how you want it, one Kraft single pepper jack cheese slice, one slice Canadian bacon. I put a little brown mustard on mine or my hubby likes a scraping of mayo and some ketchup. This is only 6 points and very filling. I try to usually keep breakfast more around 4-5, but this is worth it.

Another thing that helps me with lunch time are soups. They are awesome. Many are low points. My favorite is 98% Fat Free Clam Chowder by Campbell's. The entire can is only 3 points. I swear you can hardly tell that this stuff is low-fat. The 98% Fat Free Broccoli and Cheese made with 1% milk is 5 points for the entire can. I usually have a bowl for lunch and maybe save the rest for an afternoon snack.

As for this week, I am just focusing on the same and getting healthy. Water drinking has gotten way better. Yeah. Here's to good health and a good week to all of you trying to make changes in your life.!:)

2 Comments:

At 10:39 AM, Blogger Rachelle said...

I am so proud of you! You inspire me!

 
At 11:40 AM, Blogger Carrie said...

Thanks. This is helping me so much to write about it and to know that others are going through the same things whether it be the problem that I have or other problems. It is so tough, but it will be worth it.:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home