Monday, March 13, 2006

Seven 7s

This was a really good project for me. It has been a while since I sat and thought about myself or things that I wanted to do or the things I like. Interestingly, this was very difficult for me even though it seems like an easy task. My days lately have been so tied up in children, hubby, and household responsibilities that I guess I have not taken much time to even think about the things that I would like to accomplish outside of helping my children survive childhood and my husband finish school, which thank goodness is over for right now. He mentioned a PhD until he saw the look on my face, which said, "No, way in H#LL!" I am not a dream squelcher, but we will maybe do that once the kids are a bit older. Yikes! No more school for a while, please!:) Anyway, here is my Seven 7s.

(This list is subject to change or lengthening at any given time, as I am know to do quite often.)

Seven things I want to do before I die:
1. Go on a mission with my husband.
2. See all my children married in the temple and get to spoil my grandchildren.
3. Finish school (I don't know in what yet, but I want to get a degree in something).
4. Become a Master Gardener.
5. Own a piece of land (probably in the Northwest) with all the fixins on it (big house made to my specificications).
6. See as much of the United States as possible with my hubby.
7. Get all of my genealogy done.
8. Become a certified Red Cross worker to help out in crisis situations.

Seven Things I cannot do:
1. Deny my faith.
2. Be intentionally mean to my spouse or kids.
3. Buy something on the shelf that is in front. My husband pointed out to me that I always look at the product and then pick one of the ones behind it. I didn't even know that I did this, but I do and I cannot help it.
4. Pass up Easter Candy or See's chocolate (there is no other chocolate better) or food in general, sigh.
5. Math of any form. It is beyond me.
6. Enjoy running. I have tried. I will stick with walking on the treadmill or doing the elliptical machines. Running just really bites for me.
7. Clean up vomit without gagging or vomiting myself. My hubby is on vomit patrol when the kids puke.
8. Sit still through suspense movies and watch them without covering my face.

Seven Things that attract me to my Spouse:
1. His sense of humor.
2. His dedication to whatever he does church, job, family, etc.
3. How smart he is.
4. The way he treats me with respect all the time.
5. His kindness.
6. He can go to chick flicks and his eyeballs sweat and he is not embarrassed.
7. Of course, his wonderful looks!:)

Seven things I say often:
1. I love you.
2. Good job!
3. Freakin, flippin, dangit, etc,.
4. Hello!
5. What were you thinking _____? Fill in the blank with whatever child I may be talking to at the time.
6. Can somebody please clean up this mess?
7. Your my sweet boy, girl, hubby, etc.

Seven Books or Book Series I love:
1. Scriptures.
2. Harry Potter series.
3. Jane Eyre.
4. Biographies. I love reading biographies.
5. Most Nicholas Sparks books.
6. Most John Grisham books. Love them.
7. I just decided I do not read enough. I need a wider library.

Seven Movies I could watch over and over (This could go on and on, but here are a few that I like):
1. Cinderella Man.
2. Rudy.
3. Return to Me.
4. Sleepless in Seattle.
5. Pride and Prejudice.
6. Persuasion.
7. Run Away Bride.
8. Oceans 11/12.
9. Princess Bride.

Seven People whose Sevens 7s I would like to hear (now, and again 20 years from now):Most everyone I know who has a blog has done this except for maybe . . .
1. My hubby.
2. Lei from My Many Colored Days.
3. Rachelle from Ramblings of a Tired Teacher (and Mom) Going Mad.
4. Anyone I have missed who wants to do this, go for it.
5. Those of you who read this and do not have a blog, know who you are and I would love to hear yours too that is if I could talk you into doing a blog.:) Have a great day everyone!

5 Comments:

At 8:37 AM, Blogger Rachelle said...

Thanks for sharing those! I love the meme's. I cannot stand to clean up vomit either without puking myself. I did this one awhile ago, but thanks for taging me!

 
At 9:04 AM, Blogger Carrie said...

Okay, I will look for your Seven 7s. I was not sure if you had done it yet or not. Most blogs that I read have already done it. I love the meme's, too.:)

 
At 9:13 PM, Blogger Lei said...

I'll do mine this week too, Carrie! Thanks for sharing!

 
At 12:29 PM, Blogger Grammy said...

Carrie that was great. I really enjoyed doing it and feel like I know you a little better now that I've read yours. And we have a bunch of things in common, so you're probably stuck with me now. Do you know my girls (DYM & one woman)? Or did we just find you in cyber - space?

 
At 7:46 PM, Blogger Carrie said...

Lei, thanks for doing your Seven 7s. It was wonderful.

Grammy, thanks for asking me to do the Seven 7s. I know One Woman! We worked together in Primary. We were both counselors and then I moved about a year ago. We still own a house in the area where she lives, but we are renting it to my father. Our paths still cross from time to time. She is so wonderful. She was my daughter's Primary teacher for a while, too. One of her favorite Primary teachers ever. You raise wonderful children, from what I can tell. I am glad your back, too, by the way.:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home