Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Goals

What is life without goals? I have many goals but my biggest goal as of late has been to shed pounds. Heather from One Woman's World has posted a challenge to set some goals. During my lifetime, I have been up and down this roller coaster. One of the things that I have decided is that I need to make this a lifetime change, that I need to remember that for most of my life this is how I will need to eat in order to get to and be in a weight range that is healthy. Each Tuesday, I am going to post a new recipe that we have tried and liked and/or a product that I like along with my goals for that week. I may also post a tip that has helped me out. My weight will most certainly remain a mystery, but I may post my losses every once in a while. I also will be open and honest about this, as I think it will help me on this journey.

My first goal is relatively simple, I would like to lose 20 pounds by June 1st. This is Heather's goal too, but it is a reasonable goal that I would have come up with because it is about 2 pounds a week and is safe and healthy.

My goal for this week is to try and limit my diet soda intake to no more than 1 can a day and drink at least eight glasses of water a day. This is a somewhat big goal for me as I do not drink water often and I drink way to much diet soda.

To start off, I have to share a recipe already. My husband's aunt is battling breast cancer and a serious infection right now and we are fasting after lunch today, so I made a bigger lunch for my hubby and I to eat and later give to the kids for supper. You have to try this. It is low fat and yummy.

My tip for today is Tootsie Pops. I have lost about 75 pounds over the past few years and have relatively maintained that weight loss. I have found that when I am really trying hard to stick to my diet and I have a really bad craving strike or I am watching television and I need something to munch that these keep my mouth busy and have a huge burst of flavor. In Weight Watchers terms, it is only 1 point and if you are counting calories it is low. I usually limit it to one a day but it really does help.

Whatever goals you have in organization, weight loss, healthier lifestyle, etc., having goals is important. It makes life interesting and so rewarding when we finally make it to our destination. If you have other goals and want to join in, please do. Good luck!:)

3 Comments:

At 5:36 PM, Blogger Lei said...

LOVE WW! Used to be a leader... anyway - good luck reaching your goal. You know you can do it. :)

 
At 7:41 PM, Blogger Carrie said...

That is awesome that you were a leader. I know I can do this. So far, I am down 75 pounds and I know if I can get that far the rest is in site. I love WW. For me, it is just something that I have to live with for the rest of my life. Exercise is no problem. I cannot go very long without hitting the gym again. I am just trying to learn portion control. I love the Flex plan for that. It will work.

 
At 9:51 PM, Blogger Lei said...

You rock, Carrie!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home