Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Battle of the Bulge

Has it really been a week? I tried posting an update last night, but I could not get into my blog account. Perish the thought. This was not good. I wanted to post an update. To those who must know, I hate the scale this week. It is exactly the same. Well, at least that is not a gain like I usually do the second week of any diet. Things are going well.

I have come to the realization that the scale is some sort of torture device designed to inflict great pain on its victims. Right now, I am trying very hard to learn to let go of it and to just keep doing what I am doing and it will work. There is no reason that I should complain about losing 12 pounds in 2 weeks. That is awesome and my clothes are fitting much better, so the scale and can bite me.:)

This week, I am going to focus more on getting my 5-a-day in. I think that will help. Water is getting a bit better, but I need to cut out the soda. Oh, how I love Black Cherry Vanilla Coke. I am really trying to limit it, as I know it is not good for me.

I have another good breakfast idea. I layer Yoplait light yogurt, strawberries, and a low-point granola type cereal. Walmart has a brand that is 2 points per serving. This breakfast comes in at about 5 points and keeps me full for a long time.

During the past week, I have been working on modifying all my favorite recipes and you know what, my family really has not noticed hardly at all. They still eat even if it is 98% fat free or light sour cream or low-fat milk. Really, they did not wither away or starve to death and it is good for them to learn to like it.

One last thing, the Easter Candy, it is still calling my name. I will get through this. Instead, I will just eat a Skinny Cow. Yum. Expensive, but yummy and so worth it. Have a great day!

2 Comments:

At 11:57 AM, Blogger Lei said...

Go one with your bad self, Carrie! You are doing great!!!

 
At 6:19 PM, Blogger Carrie said...

I am trying really hard and you know, it has not been all that bad. It is just trying to change 35 years of bad habits and I know that I can do it.:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home