Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Parting Is Such Sweet Sorrow.

Hopefully, this parting will only be temporary. No, I am not going anywhere and will still be bloggin away. Hopefully, it is good news that I will still be blogging.:) Because of the high gas prices, I must let my big mommymobile sit only to be used on family outings when we all need to fit in a car together. It, I swear, is probably causing a gas shortage. I wish those prices would go down, but it costs me 50 dollars a week to fill it and I use the entire stinkin tank. Preschool three times a week, several trips to Walmart, trips to the gym, just running around doing errands uses every last drop. This sucks. My van can carry all that I need. I feel safe in it. It is filled with strollers and snacks and swim gear and toys and kids. Now, I must switch to our little more economical car because it will fit me and the kids for our errands and running around. I had to do this once before but then gas went down for a bit and now it is back up and it sucks. Okay, enough of the rant. Can somebody bring those prices down please?

5 Comments:

At 2:03 PM, Blogger Rachelle said...

The gas prices really do hurt! We're thinking of getting a van this summer, but questioning it now with gas prices. I feel for you!

 
At 3:53 PM, Blogger Carrie said...

I love my van. It is an older one, but it is so nice to have the space with all the kids. These gas prices are killing me. Well, hopefully it will only be for a little while.

 
At 5:58 PM, Blogger Grammy said...

I would absolutely lower the price of gas (just for you) if I only had the power. Maybe it's the industy's way of helping us all become more physically fit by forcing us to walk everywhere?

 
At 8:55 PM, Blogger Lei said...

I sure wish I could! It's awful! Beind on partial bedrest is the only thing saving our gas bill!

 
At 8:20 PM, Blogger Carrie said...

Preschool lets out this Thursday and so for a few months, I will not have to make one of my longer day trips for three days out of the week. It is just getting so pricy to travel and there is so much I want to do with my kids this summer. We will have to pick and choose and stay close to home. Not that things are tight, but we are trying to get out of debt completely and want to build a house and the gas prices are not helping our budget.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home