Monday, April 24, 2006

Weirdness

Rachelle tagged me to do six weird things about me. Well, I had to ask my husband if there were any weird things about me because I could come up with nothing. I thought to myself that there has to be something weird about me, but I was coming up blank. I think it was just a brain not working on Monday type of syndrome because I do have my quirks. My husband was of no real help because asking your husband what is weird about you is like asking him if a pair of pants or a certain dress makes you look fat. It is just not a good idea for them to answer those kinds of questions. Anyways . . . after much thought, this is what I came up with.

1. When I shop for food, toiletries, etc., I always take the package behind the first package and put it in the cart. I never take the first item on the shelf like say crackers, but I will put the one behind it in my cart if I decide to buy it. I really don't know why I do this. It might be a subconscious thing that there are more germs on the first package of dental floss, shredded cheese, or toilet paper put there by those millions of Walmart customers. Who knows, but it must be one of the packages behind the first package.

2. I don't like my foods touching each other on my plate. On top of my food is okay like mashed potatoes and gravy, spaghetti and sauce, etc., or a casserole with things mixed in it but I really prefer that they are separate. My husband has converted me to mixing my peas into my mashed potatoes though. He grosses me out because he mixes everything together. Yuck. He always tells me that it is all going to the same place anyways so what difference does it make. That is just so wrong.

3. I went to a Neil Diamond concert and I really loved it. Neil Diamond is awesome. I also like Barry Manilow. Can we all say Copa, Copacabana? (I also love other music like country, 80s, 50s, 60s, 70s, Mo-Tab, contemporary, etc. I just like Neil and Barry, too.)

4. Rainy days make me happy. Being that I am originally from Seattle, it may be just that I am used to it. Around where I live now, we do not get many rainy days and I just get thrilled by it. It reminds me of home.

5. I don't like to snuggle. This might be more weird to just my family because they are all snugglers. My husband loves to snuggle and so do my kids. It is not that I am not affectionate and don't give hugs and kisses and snuggle and hold my babies, which I love to do, but when I am sleeping I need my space. The only exception to this is that I like my feet to touch my husband's feet while I am sleeping. I also don't like people invading my personal space or box or bubble or whatever it is that most people call it. When I am in line at a store, I hate it when people are right at my back in line or like there was this lady we once knew who would talk about what felt like two inches from my face all the time. I wanted to tell her to stay out of my box, but she was so nice that I couldn't do it.

6. I obsess a lot, too. You name it I obese. Are the kids safe? Did I lock the front door? Did I turn off the iron? Is the heater off? Are the car doors locked? How many times in one day can I weigh myself before I go insane? There is a long list, but I do not want to sound like I need therapy or something, so I will stop here.

7. Just one more weird fact. I have a hard time reading a book and not reading the ending. I cannot stand suspense. It drives me nuts. I need to know if everyone is going to be okay and that all of it works out. Action/suspense movies make me crazy because I can't stand not knowing what is going to happen next. I have gotten way better about reading the endings of books, though. I hardly ever do that anymore.

One thing I have found out from reading the weirdness of others is that I am not that weird after all. Most of the people who read my blog have already done this, but I would like to tag:
1. Grammy Rules.
2. Heather at One Woman's World.
3. Stephanie at Home Is Where My Heart Is.
4. Southern Living.

2 Comments:

At 4:04 PM, Blogger Lei said...

#1 and #4 are me as well!

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger Rachelle said...

LOL! I so do #7 - read the end of the book first. I also do #1 and #4. I love rain! This was fun to read!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home