Wednesday, June 07, 2006

The Heat Is On

I am melting. This poor girl from Seattle can't take the heat. I have lived here in this place for about 9 years minus our 1 year stint to Pennsylvania and it is still.too.blasted.hot.for.me! So, we did this today. Water shoots up from the ground and every hour they play music and the water kind of dances to it. The kids loved it. Good fun except for the small tantrum that was thrown by my stubborn 4-year-old because I would not spend 2.50 at Ben and Jerrys for a half cup serving of ice cream. What is up with that? Where is the BYU Creamery when you need it but even if we had seen something else she wouldn't have gotten it? When will my kids learn that tantrums = nothing? My 13-year-old sister-in-law is visiting for the week because her mom is in Seattle where it.is.not.hot, so I still have not gotten to My Life Monday. Hopefully, I will do that before this coming Monday. I know what I want to do and I just need to sit down and do it. It has been crazy this week. Hope you are all enjoying the summer fun.:)

2 Comments:

At 2:37 PM, Blogger Lei said...

We need a BYU Creamery here, too! Sheesh it is blazing out there!

Good luck staying cool. :)

 
At 6:50 PM, Blogger Grammy said...

Houston is also an oven. For the last 2 weeks it has been in the 90's and very humid. The zoo, parks and other outdoor recreation was out. It was just too darned hot for the little ones. I hope it cools down for you soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home