Sunday, June 04, 2006

Time . . . .

Where is it going these days? As I come to look at my blog, I realize that I have let a week go by with nary a word. This is sad. I started this so that I could keep up with some form of journal writing. My butt needs to get it in gear. We have been sick off and on pretty much for the past two to three weeks. My whole family got a nasty virus/pink eye and I felt like my arms were dragging on the ground all the time and nothing was getting done.

My daughter did graduate from sixth grade this past Wednesday and the girl, she is smart. Her teacher called me about three weeks ago and said that he had picked her as one of the girls from his class to get an award they give around here called the Hope of America award and she also got the President's award for outstanding academic excellence. Why yes, I am bragging and I would luv her no matter what she did, but this sure takes the edge off all those nights of cracking the whip. No, not literally but boy we sure had a struggle getting her to do her homework. We only have one child right now in regular school and I really do not know how parents with multiple children in school keep up with ALL THE PROJECTS.:) I don't know how single parents do it either. Her teachers were awesome and very creative this year and she learned a lot. It was a good year, but we are ready for summer that is for sure.

My middle girl graduated from her first year of preschool. It was an extremely cute program and she has blossomed this year so much because of it. My boy, he is just a cutie. He had tubes put in his ears a week or so ago and it has done wonders. I didn't realize that he could not hear. The doc said he could not hear at all out of his right ear. I thought he was just ignoring me, as men are prone to do.:) We have been truly blessed because his speech has not suffered at all because of it. He is talking so much better than my middle child did at this age which is one of the reasons we put her in preschool and she has made progress by leaps and bound.

We are watching Napoleon Dynamite right now? Why, oh why, is this movie so funny to me? I can't figure it out. It is just one of life's mysteries. Hope you are all doing well and getting geared up for summer and ready to make some good bloggin memories.:) We will see you all tomorrow. I am still thinkin on My Life Monday and I am drawing a blank. It will come to me, I am sure. See ya all soon!

4 Comments:

At 3:28 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

We too are so ready for summer! We went to the pool today for the first time this season.
I would be super proud if one of my kids got such outstanding awards! You should not apologize for "bragging" It's your blog and your wonderful kid!!
Glad to hear that your son's hearing is improved and his speak is so good!
I hope your summer is spectacular!!

 
At 5:19 PM, Blogger Karla said...

Congratulations to your daughter! You are definately allowed to brag. They should give out awards to parents of kids that consistantly get their homework done. I had three in elementary school this year. I did a lot of homework.

 
At 6:30 PM, Blogger Carrie said...

So far, our summer is off to a great start. It is so hot where I live right now though. Yuck. I am melting.

With homework, I feel like I am learning everything over again. My daughter is very slow when it comes to homework. It takes her forever not because she can't do it, but because she doesn't want to do it. It is like pulling teeth. Her teachers always gave a fair amount of homework not to much and not to little, but she just likes to procrastinate. I am glad summer is here and we can take a break.:)

 
At 8:35 PM, Blogger Lei said...

Yay for smart, cute and healthy kiddos!!! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home