Monday, June 12, 2006

My Life Monday - Week 6


My Life Monday - Week 6 - A Favorite Childhood Toy

Man, I am behind. I still need to do Week 5. Where is the time going? Right away, I knew which toy I would pick. This toy stands out in my mind more than any. The Christmas that I was around 7 or 8 me and my sister each got a beautiful Madame Alexander doll. They were both from the Pussycat collection. I know, it kind of sounds like a stripper but she was beautiful. It is weird, but I can even remember the way she looked and smelled when I first pulled her out of the box. I loved that doll more than anything that I owned. I used to carry her around in an old baby pack that my dad used for my sister and me when we were babies. She was even subjected to IVs when we played hospital and rushed her to the emergency room because of a deathly illness (what can I say, my mom is a nurse). One other thing, don't give expensive dolls to kids because I literally LOVED her to pieces and took very good care of her, but she was simply subjected to a lot of hugs and kisses. The thing is, she did not pee, poop, get a rash (my sister got a doll once for Christmas that actually got a diaper rash), eat anything, grow hair, sing, dance, skip rope, walk or whatever dolls do now, but she was amazing and I loved her so much. I found an exact picture of her posted below. Anyways . . . I loved her and I wish I knew exactly where she was. I am not sure, but I had so much fun playing with her.

4 Comments:

At 8:00 PM, Blogger Rachelle said...

What a great doll! Thanks so much for sharing! I love her getting IV's. LOL!

 
At 7:18 AM, Blogger Carrie said...

Thanks Rachelle. Good to see you. Come back soon.:)

 
At 10:54 AM, Blogger Lei said...

It's fun to think back on our fondest memories of toys, childhood, etc... thanks for sharing!

 
At 6:47 PM, Blogger Grammy said...

Oh, she's a beautiful doll. I can see why you loved her so much. I think everyone who's ever been a little girl knows the smell of a new doll. I enjoyed this post very much.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home