Monday, June 26, 2006

Summer/Road Rage

Does yelling bupid stitch (no that is not really what I said and it was the real thing) to the lady in the red car from Warshington (as they like to pronounce it around here) in front of my two lovely daughters and then proceeding to speed up to be next to said lady and honking my horn like a maniac and waving my fist at her constitute road rage? She nearly made me run my van into the back of one of those school portables that they were transporting on the freeway. I used to swear with the best of them but cleaned up my mouth years ago. My girls will need therapy or something, although all they did was laugh hysterically at me. I am so ashamed.:( I need a time out.

Summer has taken over my life. Transcribing for silly doctors is taking over my life. Refereeing my children's fights/social calendar/needs/wants has taken over my life (really, I do love them lots!). Never mind my house because it is just being ignored and has not taken over anything except itself.

Anyways . . . we are having a wonderful time. Movies, library, friends, swimming, parks, lazy summer afternoons of reading, field trips, etc., is making the summer go by way too fast. No big vacations for us this year except for a mini-trip to Seattle in 10 weeks and a small camping trip which is mostly for the kids (see below).

My hubby is going to Seattle on a business trip and I am going with him. Family, water, trees, and Spud's here I come (it does not look like the picture anymore and it is wonderful and even if you don't like fish the chips are OUTRAGEOUSLY good). My daughter and husband get to go camping in July at Girls Camp for the church. It is her first year and my hubby is going up as a priesthood holder and basically just has to be there just in case. Lucky. I am not a huge camping girl. I love hiking and beaches and the outdoors, but I love hotels at the end of the day. I just say lucky because of the peace and quiet. I may have to get a sitter and go up and enjoy with him. I hope you all enjoy the summer and do not give up on me. I love your comments and visits.:)

3 Comments:

At 5:19 PM, Blogger Blackeyedsue said...

Did you know that if you say "Vacuum" it LOOKS like you are saying a really nasty phrase to someone? My kids now yell "vacuum" at people when we are driving. Try it in the mirror and see.

It sounds like you are having a fun summer. I am so excited for your daughters first experience at camp...I have fond memories.

Have a fun summer! I will see you on the flip side!

 
At 6:25 PM, Blogger Carrie said...

Stephanie, I did not know that about the word vacuum. Very good info to know.:) You are funny. I normally do not swear, but it just came out.

Being that I am a convert, I never went to camp as a young girl and I am excited for her, too. I was the camp director for the girls in my ward one year and I had so much fun!

We are having a great summer, but it sure has been busy. Thanks for stopping by.

 
At 3:37 PM, Blogger Lei said...

Sounds like fun is a happening! And my language, oh my, has been a bit out of control lately. I blame it on hormones. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home