Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Worthy of a Blog Entry!

I have finally gotten to the point where I can piece this quilt together. It.has.taken.forever. I got all the squares trimmed and ready to go yesterday. This quilt has been taken out every once in a while over the past two years. TWO YEARS. It is a crazy quilt. Very easy, but a whole lot of cutting, sewing, and ironing and more of the same. I will post it when it is all done. I am also working on a pinwheel pattern type of quilt for my sister. I keep telling her she may get it before the start of the next century. We shall see. Quilting is such a fun hobby. My mother-in-law got me started. Anyways . . . I had to post because I can start putting it together!

5 Comments:

At 9:47 AM, Blogger Blackeyedsue said...

I love that design. After you put all of the blocks together, do you hand quilt it or do you take it somewhere to be quilted? I am so intimidated by hand quilting.

That is an accomplishment worthy of a blog.

 
At 4:27 PM, Blogger Carrie said...

I will probably hand quilt it. It seems that someone in the family always has a quilt going on my mother-in-law's back porch. All the girls in the family get together and help quilt while we talk and watch movies. The hardest part with hand quilting I think is deciding what pattern to put on the quilt. My mother-in-law really wants a quilting machine. I have seen some at craft fairs and they are pretty expensive but boy that would sure save a lot of time.

 
At 2:46 PM, Blogger Grammy said...

I LOVE it when a quilt starts really coming together. This one looks lovely. The color choices are so pretty. Me! I want a quilting machine. I don't mind hand quilting around a big frame with my daughters and friends, but doing it alone bores me to death!

 
At 1:25 PM, Blogger Lei said...

I would love, love, love to learn how to quilt... beautiful colors!

 
At 8:33 PM, Blogger BlondeBrony said...

Great accomplishment and lovely design.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home