Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Paralyzed

No, I am not paralyzed. It has been almost three weeks since I posted anything. Life has been interesting. Do you ever feel paralyzed by life? I don't know if it is just me or what. Is it the weather? Is it my children and the constant fighting that has been going on lately? Is the summer dragging on too long? Is it my messy kitchen? The speck of dust on the floor? My hangnails? Is it my dirty glasses? Arrgghhh! Lately, I have felt like so much is going on that nothing is getting done and I just stand there is some sort of paralyzed stupor trying to decide what to do first. I also worry about work, the kids, my husband, my house, my car, the wash, or whether or not my kids got their daily recommended amount of vitamins and minerals and exercise and are they watching too much television and too much Jimmy Neutron and is that really an okay show to watch? The pressure is just too much.:) The important to the trivial is all just giving me one BIG headache. I am on overload. I think I just need to go to my room, lock the door, down a pint of Ben and Jerry's Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough ice cream while I watch whatever I want to on television or lots of A&E type movies and leave the screaming masses to themselves for a few minutes or until one of my children decides to crash down the door because they know that I am hiding in my room with ice cream. Sorry for the bummer post, but I feel so much better.

5 Comments:

At 8:09 PM, Blogger Heather said...

You know what? I am right there with you. It's brutal. I feel exactly like that right at the moment. Maybe we should get together and talk. :)

:)

 
At 10:58 PM, Blogger Blackeyedsue said...

I so know that feeling. Can we have a huge pity party!?!?!

 
At 5:02 AM, Blogger Grammy said...

Hi Carrie, I've missed you. The great quote from the kiddie book "Alexander and the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day"
"Some days are just like that, even in Austrailia"

Some times are just like that. Take a deep breath and take care of yourself. Remember my post a couple of weeks ago, "The best advice I was ever given"? Don't forget to renew and refill yourself.

People care about you!

 
At 2:56 PM, Blogger Lei said...

Oh, it's not just you. The summer has been long. And my kids have been squabbling a lot too! Hang in there!!!

 
At 8:32 PM, Blogger BlondeBrony said...

It's good to vent and get it out, never apologies for that.

I think most people feel paralyzed at some point or another in life; it is how we handle it that’s important.

Remember to breath and take everything one step at a time. When you feel so overwhelmed that you don't know where to start, break things down into smaller chunks instead of looking at the whole picture. More importantly
take time for yourself - no one ever died because the dishes didn't get done or the laundry wasn't cleaned.

If the feelings last for a while you might want to look into the possibility of anxiety or obsessive compulsive disorder.

I'm sending a hug your way. Know that you have the strength within; you are in control.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home